gEDA-user: unexpected pcb drc warnings

On one of my boards I get a number of warnings about copper areas
being too close, and the potential for broken traces. If you look at
the below list of warnings you will see that many of the messages
appear to be duplicates of the same issue. On visual inspection I
can't find anything wrong. One of the points for the errors is a
single line joining to pins (which are quite far apart) and the
closest copper is 1.3mm away. I am working in "mm"

What does pcb look for that could raise these warnings?

DRC settings
0.200 : Min copper spacing
0.200 : Min copper width
0.200 : Min touching copper overlap
0.200 : Min silk width
0.250 : Min drill diameter
0.150 : Min annular ring

WARNING!  Design Rule error - copper areas too close!
near location (91.2000,11.1498)
WARNING!  Design Rule error - copper areas too close!
near location (91.2000,12.8496)
WARNING!!  Design Rule Error - potential for broken trace!
near location (76.8060,25.3749)
WARNING!  Design Rule error - copper areas too close!
near location (53.0502,18.7500)
WARNING!!  Design Rule Error - potential for broken trace!
near location (53.0502,18.7500)
WARNING!  Design Rule error - copper areas too close!
near location (76.8561,26.4749)
WARNING!!  Design Rule Error - potential for broken trace!
near location (53.0502,18.7500)
WARNING!  Design Rule error - copper areas too close!
near location (88.7674,25.5173)

--
Turn ideas into products - http://www.engineersimplicity.com
The Art of Engineering - http://blog.engineersimplicity.com