Re: gEDA-user: powermeter power supply update

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> But just to make sure that it doesn't ride "on the edge" at least
>> I'd try some rapid load changes.
>
> Good idea.  Hey - a flashlight bulb makes a handy 0.9A 5V load!  Nope,
> no problems, and pretty good regulation.

4.5 watts? That must be one hell of a flashlight.

> One of these days I'm going to make a digitally-controlled load.  It's
> just a monster FET with some control circuitry, right?

Basically, yes. But in order to dial in resistances you must find two
that are nearly identical (pairs are rare in the power class) and servo
it with an opamp. Or just command currents, then it's down to one big FET.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.