Re: gEDA-user: [RFC 6/6] Generation of log files

On Saturday 17 January 2009 02:43:44 Steve Meier wrote:
> hmmm, isn't problem info being logged. I would agree if during the
> current run the logfile only included warnings.

99+% of the time, the log doesn't contain anything other than a
copywrite/no-warranty notice and a list of files loaded.

> how about if at the end of execution that if there was a problem of some
> class detected that the user be asked if the  log file should be
> retained?

How about if something goes wrong, the user could re-run with logging enabled?

I guess another alternative is that we could make the default logging
destination:

       $HOME/.gEDA/logs/

And just have a single gschem.log, gnetlist.log, etc.

                                Peter

--
Peter Brett

Electronic Systems Engineer