Re: gEDA-user: [RFC 6/6] Generation of log files

[snip]
>The general consensus so far seems to be to carry on generating log files b=
>y=20
>default, but to put them in some central location. What to call them and=20
>where exactly that location should be ($HOME/.gEDA/logs? $TMPDIR/gEDA?=20
>Somewhere else?) seems to be up for debate.

	That's fine, as long as you solve the contention problem in
a portable and robust fashion.

For simplicity sake I'm okay with the log files going into $TMP/gEDA/logs
with the pid in the filenamme.  This should probably be configurable
(so those who like the log files in the project dir can stay happy),
with the new location behavior being the default.  You could also move
the undo files into $TMP/gEDA/undo etc...

								-Ales