Re: gEDA-user: [RFC 2/6] Plugin system

On Saturday 17 January 2009, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Will
> a) multiple invocations of the same plugin and/or
> a) different plugins in the same language
> c)    "        "     "  different languages
> be able to share state (i.e. variables)?

I can't speak for gschem, but ideally the answer would be "no".

Part of the idea of plugins is freedom in developing additional
functionality.  Each plugin should be treated as a black box to
everything else.  You have a certain defined interface, and
nothing else.

If they could share state, the risk of one clobbering another
would be very high.