Re: gEDA-user: inductor footprint advise

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Rob Butts <r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hi Everyone,
>   Can someone please take a look at the attached datasheet and suggest
>   how you would name and number the pads for this inductor?  I'm just
>   not sure how to handle four pads that are actually two pads (aside
>   from doing the obvious four pads).  Would you suggest just putting one
>   pad on each side of the inductor that is the size of the two pads on
>   the component?
>   Thanks

I would do one pad on each side (two pads total). These are very
similar to the Bourns and Sumida
inductors I have done. See http://tinyurl.com/8h4g92

If you are hand soldering make sure you have a little bit of exposed
pad protruding
on either side of the inductor body.

(* jcl *)

--

You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.

http://www.luciani.org