Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist -g verilog questions

John Griessen wrote:
> I'm using Mike Jarabeck's gnetlist plugin and studying verilog ams with
> creating gnucap compatible netlists in mind.
>
> When I run:
> gnetlist -g verilog verilog_io.sch

That would be the right way to run it.

> I get  unknown in one slot...
>
> /* Package instantiations */
> unknown X2 (
>   /* IO1 */ B,
>   /* IO2 */ C
>     );
>
> What is that supposed tom come from?  Module name?

Interesting... The name is supposed to come from one of the attributes
inside the symbol. It also looks like the symbol has the positional
ports attribute set on there, I've found that isn't usually what you
want to do. Given that each of those is an instantiation of the same
symbol, all three should come up as an instantiation of the same sub-module.

Can you post the 2-term-device.sym file?
> putting module_name=xxx  didn't change the netlist result.
That should change the name of the top-level module.