Re: gEDA-user: gerbv-2.2.0

Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 10:46 +0200, Duncan Drennan wrote:
>> Thanks for this Dan! Not sure what you changed, but it is *much*
>> snappier now on Win32 :)

wasn't me.  Julian made some changes to speed up rendering across all
platforms.  Also he made "Normal" (cairo) rendering be the default on
windows.  We found during some benchmarking that "Fast" mode which uses
gdk is *much* slower on windows than "Normal" mode which uses cairo.

> Dan: What pixman + cairo versions were used with this / the last gerbv?

cairo-1.6.4

I don't see a pixman.

I probably should have updated to all the latest for gtk and friends but
didn't this time.  Maybe that it takes somewhere north of 40 downloads
had something to do with it ;)

For the next release I'll update again to all the latest in the
dependency libraries.

-Dan