Re: gEDA-user: new symbols

Am Sonntag, den 25.01.2009, 18:41 +0100 schrieb Oliver Lehmann:
> Hi,
>
> during the past month I've drawed several circuit diagrams with gschem
> and drew the missed symbols.
>
> I'd like now someone to check them and maybe to upload them (or some of
> them) to gedasymbols.org so others would benefit too.
>
> I've uploaded them here:
>
> http://files.pofo.de/symbols/
>
> Please comment...

Hello,

I have looked only at one of them, 7438 NAND Gate, some comments:

I think this one is pin compatible with existing 7400 symbols, so there
is not really a need to make one more? OK, it has open collector output,
but yours looks identical I think?

You used simple text for 7438 label, as many logic symbols shipped with
geda do. I have decided to use value=74xx for my symbols. Advantage is,
that we can move and modify value in schematics, i.e. to 74HCTxx if type
is important. This is more flexible, I can see no bad side of doing so.

You use hidden power pins, as many logic symbols shipped with geda do.
Some people prefer separate power pins, this may be better if you have
5.0V, 3.3V, ... in your design.

Copyright and documentation attributes is missing.

Alignment of invisible attributes is not perfect, too less space below
footprint text.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski