Re: gEDA-user: Light? Heavy? Reuse...

On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 08:04 -0500, Bob Paddock wrote:

> > 2. Institutions often have preferred parts lists, stockrooms, etc. It
> > makes perfect sense for an institution to make a heavy symbol library
> > representing its preferred parts.
>
> Everyplace that I've been institutionalized *always* put this information
> in the Bill Of Material.

If BOM is the central place of information, then it may be very useful
to have a way to transfer some information back into schematics or pcb
file. For example we may change value or footprint in the BOM and want
to transfer this information back to schematic. Is there a method
available?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski