Re: gEDA-user: german article in the linux magazin online now

Am Montag, den 26.01.2009, 20:44 +0000 schrieb Kai-Martin Knaak:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:05:13 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
>
> > People in germany seem to not like gEDA too much
>
> Hey, what about me? ;-)
> (and Werner Hoch., and Oliver Lehmann, and Peter Ragosch and ...)
>
> ---<(kaimartin)>---

I am sure that there are even more...

But if you do some google search about terms kicad, geda and eagle (in
german part of internet) result for gEDA is not positive.

I have to admit that I do not try to push or convince people to use
gEDA. I tell them (only) that I am using gEDA, that I think it works
fine and that we can do fine schematics, simulatins and pcb boards with
it.

I think having more "consumer" users for gEDA, which do not want to make
any contributions, only asking stupid questions and complain about some
rough edges, would be no benefit for the gEDA project.

The last discussion about gEDA in a german forum which I can remember is
this:

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/120373#new

It may be better to ignore it, because it contains some really stupid
statements.

I think you reported about a german magazin article about (free) EDA
tools which not even mention gEDA some time ago?

Best wishes,

Stefan Salewski