Re: gEDA-user: Guerilla marketing...

I don't know about "guerilla marketing", but it might help to tell
people about successful gEDA projects. Matt Ettus (http://
www.ettus.com) has apparently built a thriving business around free
hardware designed with gEDA. My friends at MIT and Espace, Inc. are
using his products to upgrade the HETE communication stations to
support a variety of space missions, basically anything the dishes
are suited for, rather than just the frequency/modulation used by a
single mission.

Of course, most professional gEDA projects are proprietary, so you
can't show people much. However there's my ASIC work with Osaka
University, which has spawned several papers, so you can read *about*
it:

www.noqsi.com/images/DeltaSigmaDigitization_SPIE.pdf
ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/4436263/4437154/04437195.pdf?arnumber=4437195
ndip.in2p3.fr/ndip08/Presentations/3Tuesday/A-Midi/98-Nakajima.pdf

The first paper mentions gEDA and ngspice. A few names are named,
too. ;-)

I'm thinking of publishing the project itself, but as a project it's
rather disorganized, and I'd want to clean that up. I've learned a
lot about organizing big gEDA projects over the last few years.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx