Re: gEDA-user: Any discussion about combining schematics and symbols into one file?

On Jan 29, 2009, at 12:23 PM, al davis wrote:

> On Monday 26 January 2009, Yamazaki R2 wrote:
>> it would be nice to combine component's schematic, symbol,
>> and maybe pcb view into one file. Or at least the option to
>> do so.
>
> Perhaps I am missing something, but the solution looks obvious
> to me.  You need only to look at "C" for the answer.
>
> #include .....
>
> So, have
> #include <standard_library>
> by default, and
> #include "my_library"
> for extra symbols.

Can do that with gafrc, but:

The difficulty is that the "standard library" here really doesn't
contain finished, "heavy" symbols. Think of them as "base classes" in
an OO language. So, you have to customize by adding attributes. The
trouble is, there's only one other place to add them: the schematic,
on a per-instance basis. That's unmanageable in a 1000 component
project. The only manageable way to customize them for a big project
is to copy them and make them heavy.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx