Re: gEDA-user: teardrop compiling installation,

> Am Samstag 02 Januar 2010 16.45:18 schrieb vinny:
> > > "info gcc" should give you the documentation for the compiler,
> > > including the various options like -I.
> > >
> > > -I tells the compiler where to find include files like "global.h".
> >
> > I still don't understand is -I a character predefined for your source
> > tree? if it is what should be replaced with to point to my pcb source
> > tree. If there is some documentation for this can you point out to me?
> > I appreciate, thanks Vinny
>
> Hi Vinny
>
> look at http://linux.die.net/man/1/gcc and search for "-I dir": "-I" is a
> switch for a program (in this case gcc) to make it understand what you want.
> Almost every programm has them (search for "command-line argument" in
> wikipedia).
>
> The website is nothing other than a 'man' page, this is a sort of manual of
> the programs itself (search for "man page" in wikipedia). You can access this
> informations also with "man gcc" (or, when you want a newer/better version of
> it, "info gcc", as DJ Delorie suggested) on the console.

Thank you for stick with me, maybe some day I will be able to learn more
about Linux, I am try! But now I feel like all the information I
received do not help me. the information are incomplete I learned now
what "-I" is supposed do, but it does not explain how to use, the
compiler is looking for header file ".h" and I do not know were to find
them.