Re: gEDA-user: New gaf on Windows and one PCB question

Hi Peter,

[snip]

> Unfortunately, I have no idea.. let me see if the 1.6.0 package works
> any better..

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda-windows.html

Now has gEDA 1.6.0 (I deleted the 1.5.4 installer to save space)

Read the text before installing - this windows installer is unsupported, and
not very actively maintained!

Best wishes,

Peter C.

--

Installing the first time gave that gschem didn't start/show a GUI window,
and as I had not uninstalled version 1.5.0 before, that was to be expected.

Uninstalling version 1.5 and installing version 1.6 gives me a problem with
readability of text in gschem, on the default schematic (startup) some tiny
lines representing text were visible, adding text showed only the boundig
boxes of text characters.

This also happens after loading a schematic.

Pcb has a different problem, before and after loading a layout file the
layer buttons on the left pane aren't initialised/updated with regard to
button colors and names.

Maybe some pango lib files were not compiled or properly linked in ?

Do you happen to have a "howto geda-gaf on windows" write-up somewhere
around so I/others can try to patch and rebuild ?

Maybe I can be lured into a weekly/monthly build of the gaf/pcb git head for
the windoze installer as I have some disk quota left on my ISP account.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.