Re: gEDA-user: soldermask clearance

my vendor likes 0.006", meaning setting mask to 6000 in your footprints, or an actual 6 thou. on all sides. The vendor said they can pass 4 thou. too with their process but if you don't need it it's better to set it to 6 thou.

I believe they will run boards as special batches if you need it tighter. But geeze, 6 thousands is pretty small. I'm no expert, but it seems to me that between tight pin patterns would be the place you most want solder mask.

Phil