Re: gEDA-user: Test gschem bug...

Peter Clifton wrote:
On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 11:23 -0200, Cesar Strauss wrote:
By going to the Control Panel -> Regional Options, and choosing between Portuguese and English, I can change the output at will. Can you reproduce it on your Windows laptop?

I ought to be able to try that later, but I'm not sure if it has any
other LOCALEs available. (And I don't have the Install disks).

You shouldn't need any disks for changing just the formatting of numbers, dates and currency.

Translations are another story. I prefer English menus and dialogs, but they do not sell the English disk here.

Does it make any difference if you edit gschem.c, and change:

  setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "POSIX");
  setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C");

Interesting. Changing from "POSIX" to "C" fixes the Postscript issue, as well as the font issue.

Apparently this working correctly is required for correct postscript
output. Can you see the Win32 build placing "," in any postscipt print
output where it should be "."?

%%EndProlog
%%Page: 1 1
/gEDAFont ISOLatin1Extended /Helvetica RE
2 setlinecap
0,072000 0,072000 scale
7485 499 translate 90 rotate
0,588235 0,588235 scale

This gives an error when opening it in gsview.

As I said, "POSIX"->"C" fixes this.

Cesar