Re: gEDA-user: Test gschem bug...

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 14:56 -0200, Cesar Strauss wrote:

> As I said, "POSIX"->"C" fixes this.

Neato.. I guess Windows doesn't care for "POSIX". Anyone care to comment
whether setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C"); is portable to all Unices?

(Another patch for minipack at least!).

Speaking of minipack, I think you should build against GTK 2.16.6, since
that is more stable on Win32 than the 2.18 series.

I briefly tried to dig at the GTK code for setting Locales (to see if we
were missing a trick), and it is a confusing mess in the Win32
code-paths - I gave up trying to follow it.

setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C"); seems to work for me (when I start gschem
under a locale with "," - so if it helps Win32 plod along too, we should
probably change to it.

Would anyone care to try the POSIX->C change on a Unix / Linux /
MacOS-X / BSD computer, (ideally one using "," for decimals), and verify
it doesn't break anything?

Best wishes,

Peter C.