Re: gEDA-user: Parts Manager Working Document

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 08:26 -0800, Edward Hennessy wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2010, at 3:41 AM, Florian Teply wrote:
> > Anything else to add??
>
> A few suggestions for additional parameters:
>
> - Count (for resistor arrays)
> - Pb-free (for RoHS and WEEE)

                  ^________^___ These relate to more than just Pb
                                Additionally, some items are exempt,
                                (IIRC), and are allowed to contain Pb,
                                but still meet the spec.

> - Operating temperature range

ESD sensitivity? (Yes / No, or some scale of handling susceptibility?)

Light sensitivity (I can imagine some parts degrading under lighting -
e.g. UV erasable EPROMS, ....)

I think it is important that any fields which obviously don't apply,
should not be present in the parts database - rather than get filled
with meaningless numbers.

For example - would anyone bother entering the operating temperature
range for a metal connector? (No plastic to melt).