Re: gEDA-user: Parts Manager Working Document

al davis <ad252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Jan 19, 2010, at 3:41 AM, Florian Teply wrote:
>> > Anything else to add??
>>

> I guarantee you will leave something out, and that you will
> include some useless stuff.

I totally agree here with the part of leaving something out.

> Just make sure the design is such that fields can be added and
> removed in the future without breaking anything.
>
> Same goes for device types, and lots of other stuff.

I myself would suggest that those properties common to all types of
passive devices mentioned in the file should be there as some sort of
default setup as those are the ones most often needed, and the rest
should be strictly optional.

But as said, i have no idea on how to accomplish that, nevertheless i'd
mention that possibility along with some example in some accompanying
documentation.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Florian