Re: gEDA-user: Parts Manager Working Document

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:05:02AM +0100, Florian Teply wrote:
> Florian Teply <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Excellent.  Thanks.
> >>
> > No prob, was about do do that anyways as i wanted to have such database for my
> > own use. Left it at work though, hopefully i'll have it in a state for
> > discussion by monday afternoon.
> >
> Hmm, looks like i have finished said document, at least i can't think of
> anything to add. Surely, it's not finished yet and does only cover
> resistors, capacitors and inductors so far as i can't make up my mind
> whether diodes should go with semiconductors or with passives...
> Anyways, it is to be found at:
> http://www.teply.info/gEDA/passive_properties.txt
> Anny and all comments welcome, i'll add them to the document.

Consider that some inductances that I use are not symmetric. While
I don't know of any asymmetric resistors (but maybe they exist),
some microwave broadband inductors are asymmetric (you can't swap
pins 1 and 2, as for polarized capacitors):

http://www.piconics.com/Conicals.html

Coilcraft has similar products.

In other ways, for two terminal components, some are symmetric
dipoles, others are asymmetric. Diodes might fall in the second
category, but diacs might fall in the first.

	Regards,
	Gabriel