Re: gEDA-user: Schematic Capture to dxf File - using gEDA, Inkscape, and pstoedit

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:56:25PM -0500, dfro@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I just created a thread on cnczone.com, which I want to bring to your
> attention. I titled it, "Schematic Capture to dxf File - using gEDA,
> Inkscape, and pstoedit":

I have been thinking about how to do improved isolation routing.  Someone
mailed the list a picture where the only cuts were the ones necessary to
cut the board into islands congruent with the copper.  So imagine you have
just two pads on your board.  The 'outlines' would cut two boxes.  The
'isolation' would just be a line bisecting the board between the two pads.

Anyway, I'm surprised by your 'stroke to path' step.  That turns every
line into a rectangle.  Then when you union them all you actually have
a bunch of polygons with area, not 'hairlines' that you would chain cut
in a CAM program.  If you want to save something like that directly from
PCB, though, the polygon code could do all of your Inkscape steps
internally.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>