Re: gEDA-user: Pick-And-Place Extract

>     I have written a Perl script to extract pick and place data from
> a pcb file

The BOM exporter does this and BOM information.

>    As I am also developing a Perl script to write an IPC-D-356 data file
> It would be very helpful of someone could provide the following four
> bits of information:

It would be far easier to write an exporter or plugin, so that all the
pcb parsing is done for you.

> 1) In a Via definition, the first three fields are X, Y and holesize - I
> get it. But Could I get a definition of the remaining five (5) fields? I

It's in the documentation under "File Format".

> 2) In an Element definition: What is the "100" in the tenth field (Just
> before the flags field?) What are the variants of this data?
>
> 3) In a Line definition: What does "clearline" actually mean?
>
> 4) Lastly, in a Net name definition, the first field seems to be the net

Likewise for these.

> I also have a script that reports a list of line segments less than a
> defined length long - it was a quick write-up to get rid of orphan lines
> hiding under pads and such. Anyone else interested?

More useful would be a plugin that selects them so you can hit the
"delete" key and get rid of them.