Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Arabic Translation.

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 16:59 +0100, ØØØ ØÙÙÙ ØÙÙ (Abdellah Chelli) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Abdellah Chelli, from Algeria. I hope to contribute to the
> gEDA/gaf project by translating it to Arabic Language.
>
> I have already started translation through Launchpad (Not finished
> yet). But I want to move upstream*. This will keep me updated with the
> project progress.
> Peter Clifton told me that I could make translation upstream if I
> prefer that. (https://answers.launchpad.net/geda/+question/98378)
>
> How can I continue translating? Do I need an access to git or it is
> well sending .po files? Peter told me that you prefer git patches.
>
> Cheers,
> Abdellah.

I'd appreciate if one of the existing translators answered this
question, since I'm not familiar with the workflow myself.

(Fixing "s/color/colour" for the en_GB translation really doesn't
count ;))

My personal suggestion would be to grab the gEDA code from git:

http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:scm

git clone git://git.gpleda.org/gaf.git

Learn to build and install gEDA from source, then step into the various
"po" directories "libgeda/po, gschem/po and (trivially) gattrib/po", and
look at making the translations there in your checkout.

Since we don't ship Arabic translations at the moment, you will need to
"git add <path_to_file>" before they show up in "git diff" output.

Best wishes,

Peter C.