Re: gEDA-user: Solder Mask Layer

On Jan 28, 2010, at 12:46 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>   I've done some hacks that
> look for layers named "cmask" or "paste" and just appends those to the
> gerbers, but nothing that can be committed.

For those of us less familiar with the code, what is the internal design of pcb that forces you to do that? Are paste and mask layers not carried along at design time, but only created by output hids? (he speculates.... having only looked at the code enough to do tiny local patches).

My reason for asking is that I would like to dig on a moderate-sized patch to add more capabilities w.r.t. paste layer handling.

-dave