Re: gEDA-user: arcs in pcb

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 19:05 -0600, Mark Rages wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> I was afraid of that...
> >
> > :-)
> >

> So I guess I need to change the Arc object to store the angles in
> floating-point and bump the file format version.
>
> Any objections?  It looks like a fair amount of work, including the
> dark and foreboding "puller.c".

Last time we discussed this, there was some comment on what to use.
Fixed point seems appropriate, since it retains precision most
uniformly.

We can also rig the divisor to be a power of 10, so the angles are
accurately represented within the file-format with a low number of
decimal places.

What "I would do"^TM, would be to rename the field in the data-structure
definition, then go through fixing compile breakage adding some kind of
macro

PCB_ANGLE_TO_RADIANS(...) to all accesses.

Then a bulk rename back (or not, depending on how "temporary" looking
the new field name was).

Other alternatives included adding an additional arc representation,
defined by end-points in the usual PCB coordinates, and a third
parameter, either a radius, curvature or a third point on the arc. (for
example).

Best regards,

Peter C.