Re: gEDA-user: PCB LF patch: single "foward annotate" sch->pcb button

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:04:29 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Minor nit - "pcblf" is not a great name for the backend. Outside our
> > circle, "lf" is probably not something many will understand, and might
> > end up being one of those FAQ's like "Ben mode".
>
> Yup.  Suggestions?  pcbfa?  pcbfwd?  pcbimport?  pcbmigrate?  sch2pcb?

The mention of "Ben Mode" makes it sound like you're putting it in PCB's
Export dialog.   "pcbfwd" and "sch2pcb" seem equally straightforward to me,
but the Export dialog is definitely not the right place for it, since the
intent is to *import* data from somewhere else.

From a user's point of view (that's me! :-) ) a function with this name should
be in its own menu item, something like "File -> Forward Annotate..."

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."