Re: gEDA-user: PCB LF patch: single "foward annotate" sch->pcb button

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 14:02 -0600, Vanessa Ezekowitz wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:04:29 -0500
> DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > > Minor nit - "pcblf" is not a great name for the backend. Outside our
> > > circle, "lf" is probably not something many will understand, and might
> > > end up being one of those FAQ's like "Ben mode".
> >
> > Yup.  Suggestions?  pcbfa?  pcbfwd?  pcbimport?  pcbmigrate?  sch2pcb?
>
> The mention of "Ben Mode" makes it sound like you're putting it in PCB's
> Export dialog.

No, it is an internal feature, the gnetlist-backend name used.

A couple of options I thought of "pcb-action" or "pcb-actions". (Since
it effectively creates a PCB action script - is that right?)

>    "pcbfwd" and "sch2pcb" seem equally straightforward to me,
> but the Export dialog is definitely not the right place for it, since the
> intent is to *import* data from somewhere else.
>
> From a user's point of view (that's me! :-) ) a function with this name should
> be in its own menu item, something like "File -> Forward Annotate..."

I think the intention is that it goes in the file menu:
"File->Import Schematics"

(Although since it is gEDA specific, it might be good to mention that)

I've had enough nit-picking for one night I think though..