gEDA-user: Taking advantage of internally connected pins

I need to make a key matrix.  I'm considering selecting a switch which
has 4 leads (two leads per internal net):

  o--+--o
     '
     /

  o--+--o

This appears to be a boon for the grid-style routing I need for the
switch matrix.  The rows can hop the columns inside the part, making
everything fit on a single layer.  (obviously I wouldn't do this with
an IC, but it seems harmless for a switch)

Anyway, if I give all pins different numbers, PCB doesn't know about
the internal structure.  If I give the electrically connected pins the
SAME numbers then PCB thinks it needs to connect them with copper itself.
If I connect them on a 'fake' layer then the autorouter works but the
toporouter spins and I have to kill pcb.

Any better ideas?

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>