Re: gEDA-user: Wiki cleanup?

On 1/4/2011 3:10 PM, Stefan Salewski wrote:
Do we really need this in the wiki:
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-pcb#is_it_true_that_pcb_has_no_way_to_make_a_mechanical_layer_to_show_the_physical_outline_of_the_board_and_its_dimensions

The FAQ should be kept as a mode of support of last resort, otherwise I would like to see it de-emphasized.

Unfortunately PCB:tips (geda:pcb_tips) currently takes the form of an FAQ ... which is the biggest reason it's a semi-useless page which continues to defy structure, organization, or meaningful sustained contribution. I recommend de-emphasizing this page as well.

Why isn't there a user-guide ... equal parts reference and how-to instruction?

This is what we need, and need to spend time on -- in distinction from the junkyard of information that FAQ:PCB and PCB:TIPS are presently.

Phil