Re: gEDA-user: Bug triage

I wouldn't strongly object to a merge but...

On 8 January 2011 23:31, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter TB Brett wrote:
>
>>> Nice.
>>> Would you object against a merge with "Howto report bugs"?
>>
>> I don't think that one is really needed -- reporting bugs and triaging bugs
>> are different jobs.
>
> Sure, but I'd like to:
>
> 1) not spread bug reporting advice all over the site like we currently do.

I think reporting and triage are two separate processes that are
carried out by two intersecting sets of people. I think there's a good
argument for two separate pages.

If not, it must be /extremely clear/ that they are two separate
processes carried out by different people, otherwise the naive bug
reporter may attempt to triage their own bug.

I do agree there should only be 1 bug *reporting* page though.

> 2) suggest, that someone, who reports a bug may also confirm others.
> I imagine, this works better, if the triage

See above. I don't think that necessarily follows. Bug reporting could
be and should be from anyone. Bug triage will be a smaller set of
people.

Cheers
Gareth