Re: gEDA-user: PCB's postscript exporter

   On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Andrew Miner <[1]zminer@xxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

     Hello,
     When I use export -> ps (postscript)  inside PCB and set the media
     to 'Letter' the resulting images in the postscript file are
     perfectly centered and everything looks correct.  The paper size of
     the ps file is also Letter.
     If I now export the postscript as 11x17 or C-Size (or anything
     larger than Letter), the  postscript file itself remains at Letter
     size and the  images migrate up and to the right.  It looks like
     internally PCB is centering the image appropriately for the selected
     media size, but then as it is being output, the image is cropped to
     fit on a Letter size paper in the postscript file.
     I see this behavior if I run it from inside of PCB or if I use a
     command line like:   pcb -x ps --psfile "[2]xmega.ps" --outline
     --ps-color --media 11x17 --drill-copper  --show-legend  "xmega.pcb"
     in my $HOME/.pcb/settings file, media=11x17 (or other value) will
     only set the PCB GUI to a specific media size when the dialog
     opens.  Am I missing another paper size setting somewhere?
     (Fedora 12, 32 bit, PCB version 2010 09 29)
     Thank you,
     Andy Miner

   As a follow up, All of the data is intact inside the postscript file,
   but it is being told to display incorrectly in the ps viewer (I am
   using evince).

   If I use the following command:  ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=11x17 "[3]xmega.ps"
   "xmega.pdf"
   All of the images and text appear centered in the larger paper size and
   not cut off.
   Thanks for you time,
   Andy