Re: gEDA-user: Bugs, warts and feature requests (5)

On 1/12/2011 9:17 AM, Andrew Miner wrote:
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Steven Michalske<[1]smichalske@xxxxxxxxx>
      Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:53:02 -0800
      Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Bugs, warts and feature requests (5)
      On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak
      <[3]knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
      >  gerbv feature request: Add a view mode that shows only the
      difference
      >  of two layers. This would be handy when I have to asses the
      changes that
      >  I made to an existing design.
      Make the layers XOR logically but not the colors.
      i.e.  old layer red, new layer green,  deleted portions would show
      up
      in red, new portions would be green.
      Steve

    +1  Purple for the non-modified areas, red for deleted, and green for
    new.  This would be VERY helpful.
    Andy Miner

Already there isn't it? If you can open the same layer more than once. So open a layer before you edit it. Once you have made changes, open the layer again. Make old one red and new one green. Select Rendering: Fast with XOR. The unchanged copper will be yellow. Removed copper will be red. New copper will be green.

Rick