Re: gEDA-user: Embedded polygon

George M. Gallant, Jr. wrote:

> I would like to embed a polygon within a polygon keeping
> clearance between the inner an outer. So far I have succeeded
> by creating the inner shape first and then applying multiple
> shapes around it.
(..snip..)
> Is there a better technique that lends itself to easy adjustment?

The current development version of pcb includes a new feature
"polygon holes" :-)

See the attached screenshot.

To get this version of pcb you'd have to download the current source from
git and compile it locally. This page describes how to download the source
from the git repository
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:scm?s[]=git

Compile is straight forward:
/---------------------------------------------
git clone git://git.gpleda.org/pcb.git
cd pcb
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-toporouter-output
make
sudo make install
\--------------------------------------------

If you do this for the first time, you most probably have to install
some additional packages from your distro. When in doubt, also install
the package that contains the header files, too.

On debian/testing I recently needed these additional packages for pcb:
	autogen
	autopoint
	intltool (draws autoconf, automake and autotools-dev )
	libdbus-1-dev
	libgtk2.0-dev (draws 15 more packagesh)
	x-ttcidfont-conf
	libgd2-xpm-dev

Hope, this gets you started.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211