Re: gEDA-user: gschem: directly connecting two nets?

On 1/26/2011 1:42 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
the footprint defined for the component would be the copper
DRC sees that as a short circuit, not an element

DRC will complain if pads are touching? Can you create arbitrary shaped pads? But they can't touch each other....

Do you have a way of creating jumper components, two through pin pads connected by narrow copper? I use these often in my projects. Default is connected, but as an option the trace can be cut. Once the narrow trace is cut, a jumper block can be added and the pads reconnected if needed.

The antenna could work the same way.

Rick