Re: gEDA-user: Visual cue of zero length pin endpoint

Peter Clifton wrote:

>> This eye-catching marker should not print (in postscript).
>
> The net-end red dot is effectively a DRC overlay warning you have left
> something unconnected. I would be inclined to make sure it does print,
> otherwise PDF schematics sent to collaborators for review would loose
> that important information overlay.

Make it an option in the print HID that can be checked in the print dialog.
I wouldn't want to force people to touch each and every pin to get rid of
the markers in print. I can think of circuits with lots of deliberately open
pins. Say, on connectors, or oversized FBGAs.

>> While at it: The marker should _not_ scale with zoom. Make this behaviour
>> default, but optional. So the old behavior can be restored.

> NAK (I think) - so printing works,

Is printing to postscript hard wired to screen presentation?

> and zooming out doesn't result in forest of red.

calculate the mean density of markers and dynamically adjust the size to
some useful value?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak