Re: gEDA-user: pcb: possible to have multiple silk layers?

Colin D Bennett wrote:

> For the same purpose I also wish we could group objects together
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/pcb/+bug/699592> so that my imported
> text/graphics I add to the board (output from pstoedit, which are
> composed of many separate polygons) can be easily moved, rotated, or
> deleted as a unit.

Lack of groups is one of the larger missing features in pcb. If you
come from an EDA suite that supports this, pcb feels crippled because
you simply play the group card. On the other hand, pcb makes ad hoc
selection much easier than the other EDA packages I know. Most of the
time it guesses correctly what I want. And it provides a convenient
means to switch off distracting layers.

For the imported graphics (logo?) there is a workaround: Put the lines
in a dedicated footprint.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak