gEDA-user: pcb: possible to have multiple silk layers?

Is there any way to set up multiple silk screen layers in pcb?  The
idea is that I want to be able to turn off display of the extra
text/graphics on the silk layer that I have added to the board, but
still be able to see the component outlines.

For the same purpose I also wish we could group objects together
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/pcb/+bug/699592> so that my imported
text/graphics I add to the board (output from pstoedit, which are
composed of many separate polygons) can be easily moved, rotated, or
deleted as a unit.

Regards,
Colin