Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:47:37 -0500
From: Rob Butts [2]<r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: gEDA-user: Soldering minute smt

Holy miniature footprints Batman!!!

I'm trying to solder a 10 pin MSOP chip to a home made circuit board.  The
pitch of this chip is just 0.5 mm.  We tried using the slightests of dabs of
solder across the pins and then used a heat gun the melt the solder but now
I have a chip soldered down with two five pin solder blobs on each side.  My
next step is to use solder wick to try and wick up the excess but I wanted
to see if there is a better way of doing this first.

Thanks

   --
   William Estrada
   Mt Umunhum, CA, USA