Re: gEDA-user: anyway to make rectangular holes such as these?

A quick solution is to just use large round holes - large enough to
accept the rectangular pins.  A bit ugly, but I've successfully done
that in the past.  If you're going to wave solder it would be wise to
talk with your assembler about whether their wave machine will handle
it well.

Another approach I've seen is to place a row of overlapping holes very
close together.  You can do this by hacking the .PCB file in a text
editor. Many PCB fabricators can handle this approach, some cannot -
check with your board manufacturer first.