Re: gEDA-user: Hello, new to list and mouse cursor question :-)

Hello Ales,

Thanks VERY much for your efforts here!

> 	Okay, here's the code you need to add to gschem/src/x_window.c
> to get a crosshair cursor:
> [ ... ]
> 	Try it out, let me know how it works out.  If you want a
> different look at this webpage and pick a different GDK_* enum:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-cursors.html#GdkCursorType

Well, it worked with no problems at all.  The problem is that all the
cursors I tried were very clunky and actually worse than just the arrow
pointer:

//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_CROSSHAIR);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_TOP_TEE);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_TCROSS);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_CROSS);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_DIAMOND_CROSS);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_DOTBOX);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_PLUS);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_TARGET);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_TCROSS);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_TREK);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_BOGOSITY);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_CENTER_PTR);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_CROSS_REVERSE);
//  cursor = gdk_cursor_new(GDK_DOT);

There doesn't appear to be anything like just a nice clean plain "+"
sign which would be an improvement.

I guess what I was hoping for was a full window cross which would make
aligning a long net at low magnification easier.  As it stands now, it
isn't a real problem since you can zoom in and just move it where you
want it when you get close.

Thanks & take care, Vikki.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K/7, SysAdmin, Embedded Systems Designer.
"Walking on water and developing software to specification