Re: gEDA-user: 74xx symbols

Hi,

[snip]
>In the case of question #1, do I just post them to this newsgroup?  Mail
>them to the developer (the wonderful Ales V. Hvezda)?

	As I've mentioned in private e-mail, posting here or e-mail
is fine.  Posting is always better, since there are people here who
also have cvs write access and might fix the symbols before I can.

[snip]
>added one?  Other parts may have this problem too (although I see that the
>7407 uses a diagonal line near the output to serve the same purpose -- OK).

	By all means, go ahead and add the arc or line.  Though we should
standardize on one or the other.

[snip]
>Another "problem" is that some parts could have other useful
>representations, but the library is lacking them.  Specifically, I was
>thinking about DeMorgan-ized forms of some of the logic gates.  That is, a

	The DeMorgan-ized forms should be there for some of the logic gates.
Usually the DeMorgan version is the -2 or -3 version (7400-2.sym)  If there
are some that are missing, please let me know.

[snip]
>Finally, I noticed that some parts don't have the implicit power and ground
>nets defined in the symbol, thus if the chip is used, these nets must be
>added on each instance.

	Yeah, this is a serious problem, if you find an instance of a
symbol which is missing the net= attributes, please let the list or me know.

>Are these widely recognized problems?  Is anybody doing anything about
>them?  Does anybody want me to help fix some of these problems?

	Yeah, some of these problems are know.	Yes, help in fixing these
problems is always welcome.  I'm always willing to accept fixes to
existing symbols.  Thanks.

	I should warn everybody right now, I have finished my changes
to the standard attributes for symbols.  All of these changes are
now in CVS.  I have already written two perl scripts which will
take <=20020527 symbols/schematics and update them to the current
attribute set.	Gone are the days of pin#=#, slot#=# etc...  These have
been replaced by pinnumber=#, pinseq=#, slotdef=#:#,#,#....  I have also
changed a few of the other attributes to be consistant and less arbitrary.
Details will be made available with the next release.

								-Ales