Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] solder mask polarity

Hello Dj Delorie!!!

My PCB shop uses positive solder and componentmask when the printed
circuit is double sided, and uses negative when single sided. Thats
because in the double sided process, they make the hot air process,
and than apply the soldermask, but before the hot air the traces
become more... and dont know how to say that in english, but they
go bigger, so it uses the positive film to make a photografic
revelation.
In the single sided process, normally the hot air is not applyed.

Well, I think the better way is to have a option on the print layout.
But if it is more simple, a good way is to the software generate
both files, like, one called pcb.output.positive_componentsilk.grp
and other pcb.output.negative_componentsilk.grp

Just my two cents...

With best regards

Xtian Xultz
Curitiba - Brazil