Re: gEDA-user: Trace Length Tool

John DeJournett wrote:

Hello,

At some time in the past I have seen a request for a tool to calculate trace lengths on a PCB. Does anybody have such a tool?

As an alternative, I'm trying to import my PCB design into Protel, but they want an IPC-356-D format netlist to translate my net lists. Any idea how to generate this? I didn't see it mentioned in the man page for gnetlist.

John DeJournett johnd@fleetwoodgaming.com

John,

I don't they exist yet, but I think it would be a very usefull addition. Trace length matching, Impedence modeling, reflection modeling.... all these things are very possible. They are probably the next generation of these tools.

Steve M.