Re: gEDA-user: Problems with footprints

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 11:01:47AM -0500, Bill Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:16:39 +0200
> Christian Treldal <chris@taarnkammeret.dk> wrote:
>
> > fre, 2004-07-23 kl. 18:19 skrev Bill Wilson:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > If your footprint is BRE300, I'm not sure why "RECTANGULAR2N" is
> > > showing up as part of the PKG macro.
>
> > Tnx for your reply. I've sent you a mail with the .sch file. If any
> > problems with attatched files you can have a look at the file here
>
> Ah, I at first looked an older PCB m4 install...
>
> In the PCB 20040530 m4 directory there is now a geda.inc which
> defines a bunch of packages like the BRE parts.  There is:
>
> define(`PKG_BRE300',  `PKG_RECTANGULAR2N(`$1', `$2', `$3',  600, 150)');
>
> But the problem is that there is no RECTANGULAR2N defined
> anywhere in the m4 directory so that package is just passed
> on for gsch2pcb to process.  And when a substitution macro
> like that can't be done it results in an unexpected format
> for gsch2pcb... I should probably try to trap that out and
> generate a more informative error message.
>
> In the meantime does anyone know why the RECTANGULAR2N m4 macro
> is missing from PCB 20040530?  Is it just an oversight or is
> the geda.inc in development or what?

If someone wants to point me towards a package drawing I'll fix up
those footprints.  The footprint library has, I think, come a long
way but its certainly not perfect or complete.

As a general note, please file bug reports on the PCB sourceforge
page for broken footprints.  It also helps if a URL to a package
drawing can be supplied.

-Dan