Re: gEDA-user: Multiple modules in source

Charles,

Thank you for that quick pointer. I added a root module and instantiated the other two modules in it, and in synthesis everything now shows up correctly. Thanks again.

Cordially, CN

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:56:43 -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:

On 7/15/05, CN <mis4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A very basic newbie question. Is ivl supposed to produce synthesis code for multiple
> modules in one file? If I run the following sorce with -tfpga -parch=virtex v0.8.1

I think you want the '-s' option. Check the manpage and search for
'-s', and it explains how it chooses the "root module".

When synthesizing a real-world design with iverilog, you typically
only have one root module, and other modules are used for simulation,
etc. See examples/sqrt-virtex.v for more information.

--
- Charles Lepple