Re: gEDA-user: file format documentation section of manual

The benefit of Texinfo is that it can be readily converted to many
formats, and I wouldn't want to lose that.  It also lends itself to
easy editing and cvs.  The latest Texinfo has lots of support for
images and HTML, we should at least investigate that before abandoning
it as a format.  There's a reason why GNU projects use Texinfo.

Also, the latest Texinfo supports tables, bullet lists, and drawings,
so that's no excuse to avoid it.  It also supports hyperlinks and
conversion to multiple web pages (good for goodle and linking).

Personally, I prefer HTML but then I edit HTML directly (emacs).  I
prefer avoiding formats that require an *application* to edit, even a
free one such as OO.  Scriptable formats also lend themselves to
automatic web site updates.

OTOH volunteering to fix it tends to out-vote anyone who doesn't ;-)