Re: gEDA-user: Another board with gEDA/PCB

Stephen Meier wrote:

Let me echo ...hello.....hello....hello...

I have had very complex board built with these tools. If the boards anyone else is trying to build dont work it is probably do to the manufacturing process of the boards and not due to the design tools. Hey if you can attach a bga with a toaster more power to you (or the oven got the bread the right collor of brown). using companies that are good at depositing 900 pin bgas has been successfull.

Steve Meier

I did successfully attach the BGA using a $20 toaster oven. I used a MAX6675 thermocouple to SPI converter connected to the parallel port of my laptop along with a relay to switch the power to the oven. I set the oven on broil and got mostly infrared heating. I can post the temperature profiles if anyone is interested.

-- Darrell Harmon 100x100mm SBC running GNU/Linux: http://dlharmon.com/sbc.html