Re: gEDA-user: Warning: All of the pads are on the opposite side?

Bob Paddock wrote:

The latest cvs code seems to have the default layer names disagree with the default stackup.
The layer name is just a string - it can be anything; you're drawing on the one called "component"
which sadly in the stackup is put on the solder side, while the one named "solder" is on the
component side.

Here's probably how you want to fix this:
Go to File->Preferences->Layers under the "setup" tab change the checkboxes so that Group 1 which contains the layer named "component" is on the component side and group 2 is on the solder side.

h.

I'm trying to create a simple three pin SOT-89/TO-243AA transistor package
with the current GTK CVS code.

I draw all of the pads on the component side but when I do "convert selection to element" I get this warning:

"Warning: All of the pads are on the opposite side from the component - that's probably not what you wanted"

The warning is right that is not what I want but how did it happen, and how do I fix it?