Re: gEDA-user: PCB GTK version...

Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
...is slow, as I expected.

Its somewhat disappointing to see usability take a second place to eye candy.

I suspect it wouldn't be noticeable on a faster machine but I'd rather not have needless software "enhancements" dictate when I buy new hardware.

And I couyld say that I don't like to sacrifice my sight (reading core X11 fonts is really a big pain for me) because of some really too old hardware. Also I really didn't like PCB until it was GTK+2 because it visually sucked.

That said I would of course welcome someone (you maybe?) who would find the bottlenecks in GTK+2 and speed it up a bit. :)

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr CÅapa